– Focuses on prevention and instruction for ALL students in the program, not just those with behavior problems.
– Establishes strategies and support for early childcare providers, children and families in the development of age-appropriate social skills.
– Provides parenting classes offering effective parenting strategies, the importance of promoting social-emotional health, building positive relationships with their child and bridging the gap between home and school environments.
– Encourages child care providers to work from a team perspective and demonstrate how to use data to support decision making.
– EC-PBS coaches works directly with classroom teachers and administrators on a weekly basis.
– Developmental specialist works directly with classroom teachers and administrators on a monthly basis.
What is the role of an EC-PBS coach?
– Help create environments that support positive behaviors.
– Help implement social-emotional, behavioral strategies and successful teaching practices.
– Help childcare providers build positive relationships with children, families, and peers.
– Collaborate as a team member.
– Help problem solve and set goals.
– Conduct parenting classes to teach parents effective parenting strategies and promote social emotional development
– Recognize the need for individualized intensive intervention and help coach childcare providers how to effectively work with parents to make referrals.
What is the role of a Developmental Specialist?
– The Developmental Specialist works with the early child care professional to implement an “ongoing” system of developmental and social-emotional screenings with-in their centers.
– Help to increase the provider’s awareness of developmental and social-emotional expectations and milestones. Provide appropriate developmental activities, child supports, intervention and community resources are targeted.
– Increase parent engagement as a critical goal to optimize the best child outcomes. Coaching is targeted to increase confidence in the teacher’s ability to discuss concerns with parent, deliver results in a strength-base manner and promote optimal child development.
– ASQ Trainings
– ASQ-SE Training
– Module 1-Universals
– Module 2- Strategies
– Module 3- Managing Stress within Yourself and Classroom
If you are interested in being involved in EC-PBS call Vicki Davolt at 884-6843 or email us.
Read article by Melissa Stormont and Dr. Laine Young-Walker,
“Supporting professional development needs for early childhood teachers: an exploratory analysis of teacher perceptions of stress and challenging behavior”